Assistant Controller - Senior Director
US - NC - Charlotte
Assistant Controller - Senior Director
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding an experienced Assistant Controller to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for an experienced Assistant Controller for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
Based in Charlotte, NC, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Controller of the company with responsibilities to include financial reporting and accounting policy. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for 3 completing all required consolidated financial reports for banks, rating agencies and other third parties, as well as supervise and oversee the analysis of technical accounting positions and transactions over specific areas. In addition, the Assistant Controller will direct the formulation of accounting policies and statements of position under US GAAP and facilitate the implementation of those policies across the organization. In summary, the Assistant Controller will help lead continuous improvements efforts within the accounting and finance function, with the objective of establishing and maintaining “top-of class” reporting capabilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Actively manage relationship with external consolidated and statutory auditors to ensure timely delivery of requested information and adherence to deadlines for consolidated audit and all statutory legal entity audits.
• Lead review and sign-off of all statutory audits (UK, India, Singapore, and Hong Kong) and manage review of consolidated auditors.
• Organize timely preparation of consolidated financial statements and footnotes for annual audited financial statements.
• Manage accounting for all acquisitions or dispositions, equity issuance, FX, all other comprehensive income, and for income taxes under applicable accounting literature.
• Maintain revenue recognition approach for complex multi-element customer arrangements and support deal reviews and related accounting through review of technical accounting under US GAAP.
• Lead efforts to develop the international transfer pricing policy working with the Head of Tax.
• Manage global cash and bank account management and cash flow forecasting.
• Complete annual insurance renewal process and submission through to final binding of insurance policies.
• Supervise preparation of supplemental financial reports on an ad-hoc basis as requested by management.
• Manage Velocity accounting policy research and formulation in writing accounting policies and statements of position supporting those policies and facilitate implementation of those policies.
• Develop, communicate and adopt all accounting changes required by the FASB and under US GAAP as well as overseas accounting regulatory bodies as required.
• Maintain finance function internal control documentation and ensure compliance with controls as documented.
• Enhance current processes and documentation of internal controls to promote efficiency and faster close cycles.
• Strengthen policies / procedures that will improve the operations and effectiveness of the finance function and Velocity.
The Assistant Controller will have at least 10 years of hands on experience in roles of increasing responsibility within the accounting function. The successful candidate will have solid initial public accounting and subsequent public company experience and be a Certified Public Accountant. He or she must be comfortable operating in a highly dynamic, fast paced, and high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to add value to such a business.
Specifically, the characteristics and experiences of this executive will include:
• Big Four public accounting experience and 3+ years corporate accounting; ideally a minimum of 10+ total years of finance and accounting experience.
• Experience as a Assistant Controller or Division Controller of a large corporation - ideally of a stand-alone technology company. 4
• Relevant experience working in a private-equity backed portfolio company and strong financial leadership experience in a growing enterprise.
• Experience in Finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles.
• Experience in managing external constituencies (CPA, tax auditors, banks, insurance, etc.)
• Exposure to M&A transactions on the buy side including financial integration.
• Proven knowledge, experience and success working with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and documentation.
• Experience in consolidated financial statement preparation and reporting.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills and willing to roll up the sleeves and focus on details and ability to think broadly about alternative solutions, confident and effective in challenging team.
• Demonstrated history in effectively and efficiently managing through change.
• Prior experience in a fast paced, rapid change environment where priorities change regularly and where steady state is rarely achieved.
• Undergrad degree in Accounting, CPA, advanced degree (MBA) preferred but not required
• Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma Accounting approach (5-day close, collections, etc.)
The ideal candidate will possess superior communication skills and have the ability to motivate and interface with colleagues at all levels of the company. The Assistant Controller must have self-confidence and conviction yet be equally humble and team-oriented. The ideal candidate will be open, honest, straightforward, and team-oriented with high performance standards and proven integrity
Please submit your resume to email@example.com