Consultant - Oracle Apps DBA
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding an experienced Oracle Apps DBA - Junior to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for an experienced Oracle Apps DBA - Junior for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking for an Oracle EBS Applications DBA. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience as Oracle Apps DBA.
- Oracle database installation, upgrade, configuration, cloning
- Oracle eBusiness installation, upgrades, cloning
- Troubleshooting Concurrent Manager, Monitoring Application Performance
- Backup & Recovery, Export & Import (expdp, impdp)
- Candidate must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation
- 3 to 4.5 years of relevant experience as Oracle Apps DBA
- Oracle Database Administration experience in RAC 11g & 12c; good to have ASM knowledge.
- Good Linux, Solaris and AIX skills
- Strong troubleshooting background
- Experience of working effectively within a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Successful working both independently as well as with team
- Experience/knowledge with Enterprise Manager and other monitoring and management tools such as AWR, Statspack, and Grid/Cloud Control
- Shell scripting knowledge/experience (bash, sh, ksh required, other scripting skills and experience advantageous)
- Generation of database reports for management as and when required
- Oracle's Fusion Middleware technology knowledge will be plus
- Knowledge on backup tools like Bacula, TSM Tivoli and CommVault system would have advantage
- Good Understanding of ITIL & Change management process
- Ready to do OnCall/nightshift support on rotational basis