IT Global Service Center - Trainee
Velocity Technology Solutions is seeking applications from ambitious graduates who are looking to
initiate their IT career with a very progressive organisation. At Velocity we specialise in fully
managed public/private cloud solutions and enterprise applications services.
The vacancies are within our Global Service Centre housed within our Glasgow City Centre office. A
structured and full training programme will see you develop your career and give you the
opportunity to gain professional certifications in areas such as AWS, Microsoft, CCNA/P. The team is
the cornerstone of our graduate programme enabling successful diversification into DevOps,
DevSec, Database Administration, Software and Apps Development, Server Administration and
Suitable candidates will have an IT related degree or diploma, and/or anyone who has recently
started their IT career.
Training will enable you to undertake the following role functions
● Excellent communication with customers.
● Deliver a high quality IT support in line with targeted SLA's.
● Professional ticket handling utilising the company's service management system.
● Adhere to our internal policies and standard operating procedures, and also to suggest any
improvements to the policies where necessary.
● Responsible for resolving problems or questions from Velocity customers worldwide:
o In a friendly way.
o With a professional approach.
o Explaining solutions to end-users in an understandable, non-technical, user-friendly
manner.● To understand and support the service and the related technical environment, with the ability to
quickly and accurately define and resolve technical problems.
● To manage all critical incidents as per our service management policy.
● Responsible for daily housekeeping management tasks such as, but not limited to:
o Patch management.
o Daily environment recycles.
o Preventative maintenance and checks.
● To ensure all captured monitoring events are dealt with promptly in order to offset any impact
to our customers.
● Reviewing and approving/rejecting any change requests.
● Performing facilities related tasks.
● To strive for continuous learning and train for professional certifications.
● Excellent problem solver.
● Fluent in verbal and written English.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Good technical understanding and experience.
● To be able to cover flexible shift patterns.
● Able to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner.
● Team player.
● Friendly and approachable.
● Precision, professionalism, perfectionism, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic
AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org