Marketing Director - Oracle
US - NC - Charlotte
Strategic Product Marketing Director - Oracle
Velocity Technology Solutions is reinventing cloud services and enterprise application management. Our solutions give CIOs and their teams more control over using technology to produce better business results.
This is your opportunity to drive product marketing and go-to-market strategy for our rapidly growing cloud services company. This is a lead product marketing role, supporting our Oracle (EBS, JDE, PeopleSoft) and Business Intelligence (BI – Hyperion, One Stream) lines of businesses. Experience with marketing these solutions and/or cloud services preferred but not mandatory – most important is your ability to develop the marketing plan and direct marketing initiatives to meet business goals.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating solution positioning, messaging, buyer personas, marketing and thought leadership content, supporting sales, and developing marketing plans that include the go-to-market strategy and marketing initiatives to sell to both existing customers as well as acquire new business.
The Strategic Product Marketing Director will create innovative marketing tools and materials that demonstrate value and differentiation while driving customer interest and sales in the B2B technology and cloud services space.
- Develop a comprehensive product marketing strategy for our solution portfolio by audience/segment: own the marketing strategy, plan, positioning, value proposition, messaging and direction for the offerings that resonates with the target audience.
- Create the annual strategic and tactical marketing plan to build and execute product marketing programs across multiple audiences, including the marketing budget and key activities to support the retention of and cross-selling to existing customers, and the acquisition of new customers.
- Identify and own the strategy and messaging for events and tradeshows.
- Collaborate with sales, lines of business owners and marketing peers to ensure alignment.
- Analyze and identify market opportunities along with customer pain points to highlight the value of our solution offerings.
- Work with Marketing Services to create sales enablement and marketing materials including sales presentations, case studies, collateral, white papers, guides, blog posts, emails, brochures, and other content, including all related web content and communications.
- Understand and support sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Act as voice of the customer for the personas, buyer needs, purchasing decision-making and segmentation, by leveraging market research, competitive analysis, sales feedback and industry events. Document the buyer’s process, where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make.
- Use market intelligence to be the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to differentiate our products and company.
- Serve as the primary thought leader, evangelist and subject matter expert on our solution offerings and how market trends impact our target audience.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Services team to develop demand generation programs.
- 7+ years of software product marketing experience is a must
- Experience in working in the Oracle or cloud services space is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing, MBA an advantage
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- You must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team and help make an impact.