Oracle Apps DBA
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding an experienced Oracle Apps DBA – Senior Consultant to join our dynamic and highly successful team Global EBS DBA Team. . Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner. The Global EBS Team support over 200 customers around the world offering a variety of platform , technology and application opportunities to successful candidates.
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking for Senior Consultant Oracle EBS Applications DBA (Application Technical Leads)
- Work in a the Application Technical Lead (ATL) Engagement Team to oversee support and service to the customers you have overall responsibility for.
- Report to the Customer Program Manager (CPM).
- Follow Incident management guidelines to ensure Incidents and Project assignments are acknowledged, accepted and completed.
- Adhere to Incident escalation via senior DBAs and other stakeholders.
- Participate in hand off calls for project tasks and other urgent assignments to next on shift resources.
- Follow the global shift rota and PTO management to ensure service delivery.
- Attend quarterly and annual meetings with the customer to discuss service delivery and assist with any concerns the customer raises.
- Be the primary escalation contact for the customer and Velocity senior management for escalations.
- Oversee the RCA (Root Cause analysis) document delivery to your customers for any critical incidents.
- Manage the DR design, oversee the implementation and annual test cycles for your customers.
- Lead on SOW (Statement of Work) generation for additional support services requested by the customer and oversee SOW delivery.
- Project Manage and participate in delivering technical solutions for new and existing customers.
- Installs, upgrades and migrations of EBS platforms for new and existing customers on public, private and hybrid cloud.
- Perform system health checks, compile recommendations and establish root cause for chronic issues.
- Engage with various stakeholders within Velocity, Oracle, 3rd party vendors and customer management.
- Rollout and configure the suite of customer applications developed for the Global EBS team used to automate cloning, backup management and maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years experience as Oracle Apps DBA.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience engaging with customers and other stakeholders in meetings and delivering presentations.
- Well organised, ability to manage and prioritize workload and work independently.
- Competent in developing documented process and adhering to DBA standards and best practices as you deliver solutions.
- Strong experience in the following areas:
- Customer engagement.
- Leading DBAs in solution delivery.
- EBS system installs/upgrades.
- EBS platform migrations.
- Performance tuning.
- Rollout of new technologies and applications.
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Scripting : Perl, Python, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Korn shell.
- OS: OEL, AIX, Solaris.
- Oracle DBMS 11g, 12c, RAC, Enterprise Edition, OEM.
- Oracle EBS 10.x, 11.x, 12.x.
- Middleware: OBIEE, Hyperion, SSO, UPK, Demantra, Vertex, SOA, APEX, VCP
- Any exposure to Infor, EBS, JDE, SQL Server DBMS, AWS, OCI would be advantageous.
- Evidence of professional Certification.