Practice Lead - Infor
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding an experienced Practice Lead – Infor to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for an experienced Practice Lead - Infor for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
This position will be responsible for Lawson S3 applications running on various operating systems and associated subsystems in test and production servers/environments. This individual will provide leadership for technical resources supporting system-level support of multi-user systems, hardware and software tools, including
maintenance and support of these applications. Applications include but are not limited to: Lawson System Foundation with S3 applications, Websphere, MSCM, LBI, EDI, Process Flow, Landmark and CloudSuite.
- Candidate must be familiar with technical support industry standards and practices, and they must have worked in technical support roles in the past.
- Manage minor and major CLM projects on technical fronts
- Responsible for effort estimation of the projects
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and monitoring the lead time for each technical stages during systems upgrades
- Troubleshooting complex issues faced during the project and provide the required directions and support to the tech leads
- Actively work with other teams, such as provisioning, networking, database, etc to ensure project requirements efficiently
- Have customer interactions as Tech Manager of the project
- Monitor and control the tech tasks of the project and ensure the collaboration within techs involved in the project team
- Conduct regular reviews of tech leads and their project performances
- Prioritize projects, identify goals, determine budget, and assign staff to reach goals for Resource utilization
- Oversee daily operations, including schedules, escalations, reporting, coaching and training plans
- Maintain performance metrics and survey targets for quality service delivery
- Administer and create, where possible, authorized procedures and adjust these where guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise
- Design solutions, processes and procedures to install, configure, and upgrade Applications,Peripherals, and Interfaces.
- Actively work with other technical staff, such as networking, to drive architecture decisions for application implementation, and management
- Familiarity with software and hardware troubleshooting, service, and repair is a must.
- Write and maintain documentation and procedures that are relevant across all technical areas for the line of business
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts and provide on call support
- After hours coverage for critical issues as needed
- Being able to resolve the issues of customers and employees, to motivate a team, and identify problems and recommend improvements to technical support processes are vital
● 7 years’ experience and training in Lawson software business applications
● College degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● Previous customer support experience, preferably in the Lawson Software arena
● Expert Knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems
● Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
● Excellent organization/time management skills
● Ability to drive/work in a multi-user/multi-client environment on different platforms
● Expert Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and processing
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
● Ability to work and lead cohesively in a team environment and act as a knowledge expert
● Experience with scripting languages and technologies (e.g. Perl, Python, VBScript, PowerShell,WMI, ADSI).
● Knowledge of hardware/software performance testing methodologies
● Knowledge of project implementation methodologies and ITIL processes
● Knowledge of cloud computing and its allied processes
● Strong leadership qualities
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Candidate must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation
● Cloud Suite 10.x and greater
● Lawson S3 version 9.0.1 and greater
● Landmark Administration
● ESS, MSS
● BSI TaxFactory
● Landmark Application Troubleshooting (global HR/LTM/etc)
● IBI,LBI, MSCM, LDAP, Lawson 9.0 Security, RSS, EDI, Lawson Smart Office, Landmark,Strategic Sourcing, PSA, ISS, Lawson Processflow Integrator and Infor Process Automation
● Lawson MS Add-ins
● Cloud Accreditation or Certification Preferred, AWS, OCI, Azure, Google
● 4GL Cobol, Java, Perl, SQL, .Net, Powershell, Python, Django, Ruby, Rails, C++, Go, Puppet
● Windows, Unix and Linux Administration
● Oracle and SQL administration knowledge