Senior Consultant - DevOps
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding Senior Consultant – DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for Senior Consultant – DevOps Engineer for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
As a key DevOps Engineer you will be expected to evaluate, plan, integrate, and managetechnical infrastructure solutions in Cloud. To be considered candidate must have a strong experience deploying and managing large environments, automation background, with expertise in scripting.
- Administer Large Scale Systems in Cloud.
- Automate the provisioning of Windows/Linux Systems
- Develop tools/scripts in python/powershell
- Provide consultancy services to other IT teams
- Develops procedures and training for Operations staff
- Provides problem resolution on systems for internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as requested
- Full-time work with participation in a 24-hour on-call rotation
- Candidate must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation
- Associate (2-year) degree required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or above from four-year college or university in computer science or a related field desired
- 5 years’ experience with Linux/Unix or Windows Server systems administration.
- Redhat RHCE - Desired for Linux/Unix or Microsoft MCSA - Desired for Windows
- 2+ years’ experience with Nagios/Check_MK or similar open source monitoring tool
- Strong grasp of automation tools:
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or CFengine - Required
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing:
- o AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional - Good to have
- o AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate - Good to have
- Experienced with version control systems like GIT - Required
- 5+ year’s professional experience Programing:
- o in Powershell - Required for Windows or
- o in Python or Perl - Required for Linux/Unix
- Experience in the areas of change management, capacity planning, incident tracking and reporting, monitoring and alerting, system upgrades, backup and recovery required
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Development skills as a Systems Administrator
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of open source technologies
- Ability to work nonstandard hours