Senior DevOps Engineer
Velocity Technology Solutions are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team based from their office in Glasgow.
A Competitive salary is on offer for this role.
Under minimal supervision, to carry out Systems Administration through automated configuration management tools since the provisioning in Public Cloud and Private.
- Administer Large Scale Systems in Cloud (private and public).
- Automate the provisioning of Windows/Linux Systems
- Develop tools/scripts in python/perl/bash/powershell
- Provide consultancy services to other IT teams
- Develops procedures and training for Operations staff
- Provides problem resolution on systems for internal and external customers
- Performs other duties as requested
- Participation in a 24-hour on-call rotation
- Associate Degree required. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or above from college or university in computer science or a related field desired
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix systems administration.
- Redhat RHCE - Desired
- Extensive experience with Nagios or similar open source monitoring tool
- Strong grasp of automation tools:
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt or CFengine - Required
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Computing:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional - Desired
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate - Required
- Experienced with version control systems like Git - Required
- Experienced Programming in Python or Perl - Required
- Experience in the areas of change management, capacity planning, incident tracking and reporting, monitoring and alerting, system upgrades, backup and recovery required
- You must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Development skills as a Systems Administrator
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of open source technologies and some use cases
- Ability to work nonstandard hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of individuals
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including ITIL
- Ability to prioritize and process multiple complex initiatives, deadlines, and processes with attention to detail and accuracy.
Agency applications will not be considered