Senior Oracle Apps DBA (ATL)
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding an experienced Oracle Apps DBA - Lead to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for an experienced Oracle Apps DBA - Lead for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking for Senior Consultant Oracle EBS Applications DBA (Application Technical Leads) The successful candidate(s) will have a more than 9 years experience as an Oracle Apps DBA.
● Work in a the Application Technical Lead (ATL) Engagement Team to oversee support and service to the customers you have overall responsibility for
● Report to the Customer Program Manager (CPM)
● Follow Incident management guidelines to ensure Incidents and Project assignments are acknowledged, accepted and completed
● Adhere to Incident escalation via senior DBAs and other stakeholders
● Participate in hand off calls for project tasks and other urgent assignments to next on shift resources
● Follow the global shift rota and PTO management to ensure service delivery.
● Attend quarterly and annual meetings with the customer to discuss service delivery and assist with any concerns the customer raises
● Be the primary escalation contact for the customer and Velocity senior management for escalations
● Oversee the RCA (Root Cause analysis) document delivery to your customers for any critical incidents
● Manage the DR design, oversee the implementation and annual test cycles for your customers
● Lead on SOW (Statement of Work) generation for additional support services requested by the customer and oversee SOW delivery
● Project Manage and and participate in delivering technical solutions for new and existing customers
● Installs, upgrades and migrations of EBS platforms for new and existing customers on public, private and hybrid cloud
● Perform system health checks, compile recommendations and establish root cause for chronic issues
● Engage with various stakeholders within Velocity, Oracle, 3rd party vendors and customer management
● Rollout and configure the suite of customer applications developed for the Global EBS team used to automate cloning, backup management and maintenance
● Candidate must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation
● Minimum 9 years experience as Oracle Apps DBA
● Excellent communication skills
● Previous experience engaging with customers and other stakeholders in meetings and delivering presentations.
● Well organised, ability to manage and prioritize workload and work independently
● Competent in developing documented process and adhering to DBA standards and best practices as you deliver solutions
● Strong experience in the following areas
a. Customer engagement
b. Leading DBAs in solution delivery
c. EBS system installs/upgrades.
d. EBS platform migrations
e. Performance tuning
f. Rollout of new technologies and applications
● Experience with some of the following technologies
a. Scripting : Perl, Python, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Korn shell
b. OS: OEL, AIX, Solaris
c. Oracle DBMS 11g, 12c, RAC, Enterprise Edition, OEM
d. Oracle EBS 10.x, 11.x, 12.x.
e. Middleware: OBIEE, Hyperion, SSO, UPK, Demantra, Vertex, SOA, APEX, VCP
● Evidence of professional Certification