Trainee - Core DBA
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding Trainee - Oracle DBA to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for Trainee - Oracle DBA for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking for Trainee - Oracle DBA.
● Work in a 24 x 7 shift rotation as part of the Rapid Response Team to perform operational tasks, complete Changes and resolve incidents for our customers.
● Report to the Rapid Response Team Supervisors.
● Follow Incident management guidelines to ensure Incidents are acknowledged, accepted and worked through based on priority.
● Ensure customer maintenance tasks are completed on time.
● Adhere to Incident escalation via supervisors and other stakeholders.
● Participate in shift hand off calls for critical issues and upcoming maintenance to the next on shift team.
● Follow the global shift rota and PTO management to ensure service delivery.
● Identify areas for process improvement and work with the Global DBA Team and supervisors to improve and automate where possible.
● Candidate should have 6 months to 2 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA
● Well organised and demonstrate an ability to manage and prioritize workload.
● Competent in following documented process and adhering to DBA standards and best practices.
● Experience in the following areas:
o DML, DDL,Installs, managing backups and restores, applying configuration changes , export / imports , tuning, Disaster recovery and restarts.
o Triaging system performance.
o Operational and housekeeping tasks associated with the DBMS
o Managing Incidents and liaising with various stakeholders.
● Experience with some of the following technologies:
o OS: OEL, AIX, Solaris, Windows.
o Scripting: Basic operational, troubleshooting, and scripting knowledge (Bash, SH, KSH etc).
o Backup Tools:Knowledge of RMAN, Bacula, TSM, Tivoli, CommVault.
o Oracle DBMS: 11g, 12c, RAC, Standard and Enterprise Edition, OEM, AWR, StatsPack, SQL Developer, SQL*
o Any exposure to Infor, EBS, JDE, SQL Server DBMS, AWS, OCI would be advantageous.
● Willingness to obtain professional Certification.
● Any exposure to Infor, EBS, JDE, SQL Server DBMS, AWS, OCI would be advantageous.
● Experience in ITIL based Ticket Management systems
● Candidate must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation
● Excellent communication skills.
● Eager to learn new technologies on your own