Trainee - Oracle Apps DBA
Velocity Technology Solutions is expanding and is adding Trainee - Oracle EBS Apps DBA to join our dynamic and highly successful team. We are currently interviewing for Trainee - Oracle EBS Apps DBA for our global team. Velocity offers Cloud services across public, private and hybrid cloud environments and is an Advanced AWS partner.
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking for Trainee - Oracle EBS Applications DBA.
● Work in a 24 x 7 shift rotation as part of the Rapid Response Team to perform operational tasks,complete Changes and resolve incidents for our customers.
● Report to the Rapid Response Team Supervisors.
● Follow Incident management guidelines to ensure Incidents are acknowledged, accepted and worked through based on priority.
● Ensure customer maintenance tasks are completed on time.
● Adhere to Incident escalation via supervisors and other stakeholders.
● Participate in shift hand off calls for critical issues and upcoming maintenance to the next on shift team.
● Follow the global shift rota and PTO management to ensure service delivery.
● Identify areas for process improvement and work with the EBS DBA Team and supervisors to improve and automate where possible.
● Candidate should have 06 months to 2 years’ experience as Oracle Apps DBA
● Well organised and demonstrate an ability to manage and prioritize workload.
● Competent in following documented process and adhering to DBA standards and best practices.
● Experience in the following areas:
o Managing backups, Environment clones , Deployments and System restarts.
o Triaging system performance.
o Managing Incidents and liaising with various stakeholders.
● Experience with some of the following technologies:
o OS: OEL, AIX, Solaris, Windows
o Scripting: Basic operational, troubleshooting, and scripting knowledge.
o Oracle DBMS 11g, 12c, RAC, Enterprise Edition, OEM.
o Oracle EBS 10.x, 11.x, 12.x.
o Middleware: OBIEE, Hyperion, SSO, UPK, Demantra, Vertex, SOA, APEX, VCP
● Any exposure to Infor, EBS, JDE, SQL Server DBMS, AWS, OCI would be advantageous.
● Willingness to obtain professional Certification.
● Candidate must ensure that compliance with data protection legislation under the DPA, EU GDPR, any other applicable data protection legislation
● Excellent communication skills.
● Eager to learn new technologies on your own