This position provides systems administration, operational support, and problem resolution for Unix and Linux based systems. Coordinates and provides Unix and Linux system support in areas of hardware/software installation, maintenance and support, security, storage management, backup/restore and disaster recovery. Assists in testing, operational support, monitoring, capacity planning, and troubleshooting to maintain system performance. Develops, communicates, and monitors the operational standards and procedures for Unix and Linux based systems. The position requires teamwork skills to coordinate and support internal and external teams.
- Strong systems administration background and knowledge in the Unix/Linux environment
- Install, manage, and support Unix and Linux servers.
- Perform system monitoring and health checks.
- Upgrade and/or patch Unix and Linux based systems.
- Devise technical approaches to build and deploy new Unix and Linux based enterprise systems.
- Research complex technical issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Create shell programs and scripts.
- Identification, diagnosis, and resolution of Unix and Linux related problems.
- Configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Unix and Linux servers – both physical and virtual machines.
- Ensure servers are configured and maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Works heavily with application operators to enhance application performance.
- Create and maintain documentation regarding Unix and Linux infrastructures.
- Familiarity with server virtualization
- Troubleshoots problems that may involve applications and network
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Provide prompt analysis and resolution of systems, network and equipment problems.
- Provide emergency after hours support for mission critical systems as required in a 24 x 7 environment
- Strong on Unix and Linux concepts including configuration and maintenance of these systems. Must have an excellent knowledge of network, backup and recovery products, San Storage and support of complex systems.
- Must have strong understanding of operational processes and best practices to support a large IT environment.
- Ability to multitask and work well in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem ownership skills. Able to communicate with customers - internal and external, to negotiate an exceptance criteria for problem resolution.
- Self-starter and innovative.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com